I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Veggies & Rice Bowl

I wasn't sure which recipe to feature this week as I made a couple of blueberry chocolate experiments that also turned out great. I've already posted the recipes on Raw Freedom Community here and here.

Since I featured a blueberry dessert not so long ago, in the end I opted for an Asian dish that is simple, colorful and, most importantly, tasty.


Rice Bowl
Posted by avrawcado on Raw Freedom Community

Grate one whole cauliflower and set aside as your rice.

Blend the following in your vita-mix:

The juice of two lemons
A couple of sprinkles of raw sesame seeds
2 cloves of garlic
Some grated ginger to taste
6 T nama shoyu (or tamari)
4 T raw honey/agave
Dash of himalayan salt

With the blender on low, add some olive oil until the consistency is about right. Then blend on high for about 10 seconds.

In your food processor, toss in some red bell pepper, peeled pea pods, carrots, chinese cabbabe, mushrooms, and green onion. You can add broccoli and asparagus too. Pulse until the veggies are all bite size, then add the sauce and stir to coat the veggies.

Put the "rice" into a bowl and then cover with the veggies. Eat with chopsticks.

Carmella's Notes:
~ I used a mixture of parsnip and cauliflower as the rice, to which I folded in peas and pulse-chopped carrot.

~ Instead of food processing the veggies (I used, botton mushrooms, bok choi, celery, red pepper, broccoli and green onion), I just sliced 'em up, then marinated them in the sauce which is sorta reminiscent of Snow's famous Sweet & Sour Sesame Sauce.

~ I usually avoid having left-over cauliflower dishes as they tend to develop a strong bite. However, the rice kept well for another couple of days in the fridge, no doubt thanks to the lovely sweetness of the parsnip.

7 comments:

  1. Carmella, this looks amazing! Thank you for all of you continual inspiration you are truly a raw goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm girlie, that looks so good!
    I must make it - it looks similar to the stir live and rice which I enjoy so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks sooo good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this today and have eaten it for both lunch AND dinner -- it is so delicious! I follow your blog very regularly, and I love that your recipes are usually fairly simple, very clear, and they always turn out perfectly for me. Thanks for being a raw genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a rice bowl. I planned to make it for dinner on Thursday, but my hubby wasn't interested. I'll just make it for myself on another day. More for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made it and loved it! Hubby didn't like the rice though.... he's japanese, and I just can't seem to get anything close to the rice he's used to :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm new to this blog. I really love the recipes and the comments. You're a super bunch of people. Thanks.

    HarmonyHer

    ReplyDelete